Ideal for those already skilled in making straw/felt hats and fascinators. This Lina Stein workshop will guide you through the process of blocking a simple and fashionable percher shape using buckram then covering it flawlessly with a fabric of your choice.Finally create a complimentary hand made silk flower.You will learn a selection of ideal ways to fix the cocktail hat to the head (hat elastic, wire prongs, bandeau etc..)
Suitable for beginners/ intermediate/advanced
- Learn the art of millinery blocking and cover with fabric
- Fall in love with the skill of making Silk Flower using Lina Stein traditional tools.
- You will learn about stiffening and shaping your petals with the heated tools.
- The flower and the hat will be brought together harmoniously
- You can then proceed to trim your little darling using your already present skills or let Lina show you a few more tricks to add your basket of Millinery know-how.
- Vintage style linings along with head attachment method
- 16 hours of tuition
- Buckram for 1 hat
- Customised notes
- Post workshop access to tutor classes
- Lunches and refreshments