This 4 day Masterclass is focused on perfect finish and sophistication. It is suitable to those with experience making hats who wish to combine the vital 3-4 areas of millinery into one divine hat: Buckram, Straws, Brim Extensions, Couture Lace, Prong Head-Grip and Vintage lining. Challenge your mind and join in as Lina Stein takes you on a journey into the architectural side of hat making!
- Design your hat as you wish to see it completed and put it on paper
- Block the buckram crown then learn advanced covering techniques (smooth/ draping,interwoven etc
- Block the sinamay/sisal brim
- Design and calculate the brim extension. Make pattern.
- Create brim extension and cover with fabric
- Prepare ,shape and sculpt your Guipure lace
- The assembly of all the pieces to a highly professional standard
- Vintage style hat lining
- Learn a selection of head attachment methods incl. wire head frames
- 32 Hours of tuition
- Foundation materials Buckram, Parisisal, Sinamay ,wire.Student to supply fabrics and laces
- Customised notes
- Post workshop access to tutor
- Lunch and teas