Let the straight folds of origami give you a turn in the right direction!
Create a strict brim or create several inter-joined circular sections that create an illusion of infinity.
Immerse yourself into sculpting the most amazing hats of defined lines and twisted structure using buckram, fabric and innovative pleating techniques that are finished to a professional standard.
'Circles-within-Circles Origami' is perfect for milliners and enables the user to create inter-circular sculpted fascinators or brim-like structures that can be attached to a crown or base.
Reminiscent of by-gone eras, the multi-directional pleats can be twisted into each other giving a dense look of infinity.
This package incorporates a free vintage hat lining session as well!
- Workshop notes
- Certificate of Excellence
- The workshops will be split over 3 days : like this we will be able to let our hats dry/settle and you will be able to complete your homework !
Day one - 2.5 hours
Day two - 2.5 hours
Day three - 2.5 hours
- Class participation will be limited to max 9 people to ensure personal attention
- Plenty of question time, online interaction and personal assistance built into the Zoom sessions
- Students will be introduced to working with double-sided-adhesive-buckram (20-20) and to rotational origami pattern-making.
- Learn how to block and cover in one process a small shape (button /percher block) with a fabric of their choice. (Double blocking)
- Learn to make proto-type designs of origami using paper and traditional origami pleating methods
- Learn how to prepare, calculate and measure out materials for the rotational pleating
- You will learn how to fuse your buckram and fabric without wrinkles and proceed to create perfect sharp and clean edges and defined folds of the circular pieces that are inter-joined
- Learn to conceal circular joins and assemble on crown
- Learn to transform a very rigid structure into a curved sculpture using steam
- Create a vintage style lining and insert into the hat
On securing your place, you will receive an email which includes confirmation, your Zoom invitation, instructions how to use Zoom, list of materials and equipment necessary for the workshop plus workshop prep instruction.
There will be 2 workshop sessions per day. Please select your DATE and your TIMEZONE from the drop down menu below.
USA/CA will be able to participate in either class.
Please take note when selecting your timezone that it is appropriate to your location
If you are unsure, please visit Timebuddy
Australian / EU Time
Aus. EST; 18.00 - 20.30
London Time; 07.00 - 09.30
BST/London Time; 15.00 - 17.30
Central Time (US and Canada); 09.00 - 11.30