SWIRLED SINAMAY PERCHER for beginners€220,00 €260,00
As seen on the recent 'Lina Stein Online & Live' taster sessions and at the London Hatweek 2019
When; 17 May 2023
Follow Lina Stein's highly popular and resourceful method and you will learn everything about Swirling Sinamay. Get creative and learn all about head-wear of beautiful organic lines, free-form curved shapes whilst at the same time keep a fashionable and sharp angle!
This is a perfect technique for beginners to get acquainted with this great material as well as those advanced milliners who’d like to breathe some inspiring fresh air into their sinamay creations.
Lina Stein will demonstrate the unique yet simple process involved in achieving this “bias-perfection.” This will be used in making your hat as well as creating trimmings for future headwear.
Attendees will create a hat of pure femininity.
This class is ideal for all skill levels, including millinery beginners.
- The workshops is run over one day !
- Class participation will be limited to max 3people to ensure personal attention
- Plenty of question time, interaction and personal assistance built into the class
- The principle of working materials on the bias (measuring and cutting) and the importance of weave and direction!
- Attendees will learn how to work with bias sinamay and make a foundation-disk that has infinite possibilities once hand formed.
- Students then learn about creating a 3-dimensional shape by curving and moulding of this material using the iron as the only tool
- They also learn to make “windswept” trimmings, spikes and twiddles to embellish their hat with
- Lina will guide student through the finishing and assembly of this headpiece, including attachment of hat elastic and trimmings such as Crinoline, beads, feathers, or just keeping things simple!
- All pieces are finished with elastic, band or comb then lined to a professional standard
On securing your place, you will receive an email which includes confirmation, lists of materials, suppliers and equipment necessary for the workshop.
Classes start at 10 am with a short lunch break and finish up around 5pm
- trimmings ( Sinamay not included)
- workshop notes
- tips & tricks
- Certificate of Excellence