Resourcefulness is vital in today’s world of COVID19 and creativity. Materials can be costly and hard to come by, so, we must rely on out intuition to think outside the box and lead the way.
Lina Stein lives far away from any couture fabric/haberdashery/supply shop) and has mastered the ‘Art of Resourcefulness’. Over the years she has engineered several popular ways of creatively transforming materials that are common and everyday into couture.
'Hardware to Headwear' does what it says on the tin!
This is a fun class that will let the hands do all the walking and the ‘new world trimmings’ do the talking.
Lina will explain to the attendees the importance of thinking diagonally looking at things in a different light. This class is highly suited to all levels who would like a fresh way of creating unique trimmings looking at alternative hat making materials and what to do with them…. It’s like fusion cooking…ingredients from one type of food can do a side-step into another food culture and the taste is completely differently.
This class is ideal for all skill levels, including millinery beginners.
- The workshops will be split over 4 hours with a 30min break
- Class participation will be limited to max 10 people to ensure personal attention
- Plenty of question time, online interaction and personal assistance built into the Zoom sessions
- Workshop notes
- Certificate of Excellence
- Learn to identify new millinery trimmings and concepts in the Hardware store
- learn to design and handle the materials
- learn to assemble and complete headpiece professionally
On securing your place, you will receive an email which includes confirmation, your Zoom invitation, instructions how to use Zoom, lists of materials and equipment necessary for the workshop.
There will be 3 workshop sessions per day. Please select your DATE and your TIMEZONE from the drop down menu below.
Please take note when selecting your timezone that it is appropriate to your location
AUS. EST; 18.00 - 22.30
GMT/ London Time - 16.00 - 20.30
Central Time (US and Canada); 10.00 - 14.30