Make a sharp and edgy felt hat using high quality fur-felt and age-old millinery methods that will be demonstrated by Lina Stein.
Learn all the important millinery skills needed to design and create a beautiful felt hat that you can wear out.
All this happens within her inspiring studio in the picturesque town of Westport.
Choose from her vast and varied collection of wooden shapes (Blocks) trim and finish to your own style.
Suitable for BEGINNERS/INTERMEDIATE with sewing skills!
When; 28-29 Oct 2023
- Working with millinery felt
- Blocking the crowns and brims over wooden blocks, stiffening, wiring, working with steam, hand moulding the felt, etc
- Specialist brim edge methods
- Trimming with Petersham (cockades, bows, etc)
- Couture finishing
- Vintage hat lining
- 16 Hour tuition, 4 participants max.
- Post workshop access to tutor
Materials are not included. Suppliers along with lists and direction to studio supplied on booking
Accommodation can also be provided if needed at good rate.