How do I book my space on a millinery workshop?
- Request the current workshop schedule from Lina directly either via email or telephone and read through it.
Or... Visit the MILLINERY WORKSHOPS page on this site.
To make your experience simple, I have split the hat making courses into 3 categories
The listings contain details of what's covered with photos and course descriptions, when the courses take place, and the prices.
- Once you have the course selected and are happy with dates etc, proceed to book your place.
- Online bookings require payment in full
- Bookings via email or telephone require a deposit of €50 (Card/PayPal)
- Once you have secured your workshop, Lina will send out a confirmation email detailing your choice of course and receipt of payment.
Along with this you receive vital attachments: directions, what to bring and accommodation suggestions for those who are travelling
- Should the dates suggested for the courses not suit your schedule,Lina Stein would be happy to negotiate new ones.
- All MILLINERY WORKSHOPS are available for larger groups (Max. 12 attendees) and would require prior notice
Contact Lina for any special requests or suggestions
- If you are wearing your hair up, let it down so you can get an accurate measurement. We normally have our hair down when wearing hats.
- Use a soft tape measure and wrap it around your head, positioned mid-forehead, parallel to the floor, around the widest part of the skull and just a thumb-width above the ears. Not too tight, not too loose. Just place the tape where you imagine the hat should. There should be a tiny bit of bit of movement.... but only a fraction!
- Measure your head in centimetres as this is more accurate and repeat this process 2 more times.
- If you find your measurements in between take the largest of the 3 measurements to be sure.There is sometimes a tiny bit of shrinkage as the sweatband inside your hat will absorb moisture and adjust slightly to your head shape.
- Find your size on the hat size chart and write it down. Sizing charts vary around the world somewhat but below is one we find very accurate.
How do I order a Custom-made hat online?
Now that you have viewed the hats on offer, the next step is to order a unique Lina Stein. Each hat is unique in its making and has an individual touch added. All hats are hand made in our WESTPORT workrooms, using quality materials and the highest level of craftsmanship.
Custom made head-wear is our business, so feel free to contact us with any special requests, custom colours or similar, and we will do our best to make you happy!
Online shopping is a great asset and is time-efficient, but you can always make an appointment for expert advice, or to see the hats in person.
- Browse through the product pages. You can select quantities, sizes and colours that are featured on the shade cards at the same time. If the colour you would like is not listed, please click on the CONTACT US
- Turnover time is generally 2-4 weeks as the hats are hand-made. LIMITED EDITION hats are in stock and can be shipped promptly. These details are be displayed on the product page. If you have a special date you require your hat for please click the CONTACT US button on the product page and we’ll get hatting!
Postage costs outside Ireland are not included in the listed product price and are listed here and at your checkout
- Once you have made your selection proceed to your CART and complete the payment details. Payment is by credit card, debit card, Mastercard, GPay or PayPal. You will receive payment confirmation by email and then receive details about the shipping.
- Your hat will be lovingly packed in a secure hat box and posted by Lina Stein personally.
- Once the hat has been dispatched you will receive a confirmation email detailing the expected arrival date.
How do I look after my hat?
Lina Stein hats and headpieces are handmade in Ireland to the highest standard and must be treated with love and care.
- When not in use, always store your hat upside down in a hat box, with brim and trimmings supported by tissue paper, just like when you received it
- Store the hat in a dark, dry place and keep it out of the sun for prolonged periods to avoid fading.
- Avoid rain, moisture as these can ruin it's shape and colour.
- Don't overcrowd the hat box
- Be gentle when handling/putting on your hat to avoid misshaping the brim and trims.We don't want you to have a hat a kink in the brim or with bent feathers
- Give you hat the occasional light dusting with a soft clothes brush to remove fluff and bits. Remember to always be gentle.
- Give your felt hat the occasional light brush-up with the clothes brush and remove the dust with sticky-tape wrapped around your hand ( sticky-side up!)