STYLISH FELT HATS & FEDORA RETREAT for beginners/intermediate€570,00
Make 2 warm/stylish hats using high quality fur-felt and age-old millinery methods that will be demonstrated by Lina Stein.
Learn all the important millinery skills needed to design and make beautiful felt hats that you can wear out.
All this happens within her inspiring studio in the picturesque town of Westport.
Choose from her vast and varied collection of wooden shapes (Blocks) trim and finish to your own style.
Experience learning in a COVID safe environment with participants limited to 4.
Suitable for BEGINNERS/INTERMEDIATE with sewing skills!
When; 28-30 July 2023
Where: Lina Stein Studio-Westport, IRL
- Working with millinery felt
- Blocking the crowns and brims over wooden blocks, stiffening, wiring, working with steam, hand moulding the felt, etc
- Specialist brim edge methods
- Trimming with Petersham (cockades, bows, etc)
- Couture finishing
- Vintage hat lining
- 16 Hour tuition, 4 participants max.
- Notes Post workshop access to tutor
- Certificate of Excellence
- Hat box
Materials are not included. Suppliers along with lists and direction to studio supplied on booking
Accommodation can also be provided if needed at good rate.