As featured here and at the past International Millinery Forum - Australia and leading Millinery Masterclasses internationally, this is the perfect opportunity to learn more about working with millinery felt and all its hidden curving possibilities.
Follow Lina Stein's resourceful techniques and you will learn everything about sculpting and swirling Felt on a percher/button shape of your choice .
Simultaneously combining techniques such as blocking and the refined art of Hand moulding, you will dive into the world of soft, steamy and voluptuous felt and create a timeless swirled beret/button hat which will be so good you could eat it!
Swirled Felt is a perfect technique for beginners to get acquainted with millinery felt as well as those advanced milliners who’d like to breathe some inspiring fresh air into their stylish winter head-wear collection.
- Workshop notes
- Certificate of Excellence
- The workshops will be split over 2 days : like this we will be able to let our hats dry/settle and you will be able to complete your homework !
Day one - 2.5 hours
Day two - 2.5 hours
- Class participation will be limited to max 10 people to ensure personal attention
- Plenty of question time, online interaction and personal assistance built into the Zoom sessions
- You will learn how to block and sculpt millinery felt by hand on a beret/button shape.
- Attach and secure it then proceed to curve and swirl your creation following step-by-step instructions given by Lina Stein
- The Bi-Bi will be wired and,the rounded curves secured.
- You will learn about attaching small hats to the head
- All pieces are finished with elastic, band or comb.
On securing your place, you will receive an email which includes confirmation, your Zoom invitation, instructions how to use Zoom, lists of materials and equipment necessary for the workshop.
There will be 1 workshop session per day. Please select your DATE and your TIMEZONE from the drop down menu below.
Please check your time and dates on Worldtime Buddy
Wed-Thurs 07-08 April 2021; 18.30 - 21.00 (time in BST; 09.30 -12.00)
Wed-Thurs 07-08 April 2021; BST; 18.30 - 21.00
Wed-Thurs 07-08 April 2021; Central Time (US and Canada); 12.30 - 15.00 (time in BST; 18.30 -21.00)