As taught in MMU 2018 and London Hatweek 2019
These eye-catching and gilded sculptured trims will elevate your classic hat shapes or be used alone to create a stunning headpiece that would make Cleopatra green with envy.
During the online class participants will learn the innovative techniques that can be applied to different materials to create a myriad of trims.
Working with Lina Stein’s “secret gilding technique”, some buckram and fabric along with a touch of millinery magic, you will learn to give your wreath that special glittering touch and create wonderful, elegant leaf shapes that appear to float on the crown of the wearer.
Under Lina’s guidance, attendees will complete, sculpt and assemble these “precious” leaves on a wired hairband resulting in a crown of organic lines and beautiful finish
Amp up the volume of your creations and give yourselves a touch of Midas!
This class is ideal for beginners, intermediate/advanced hat makers
- The workshops will be split over 2 days : like this we will be able to let our hats dry/settle and you will be able to complete your homework !
Day one - 2.5 hours
Day two - 2.5 hours
- Class participation will be limited to max 10 people to ensure personal attention
- Plenty of question time, online interaction and personal assistance built into the Zoom sessions
- Workshop notes
- Certificate of Excellence
- Detailed step by step guidance to making stunning a Gilded crown headpiece comprising of 5-6 sculpted leaf shapes using felt and plush velvet.
- Learn to make a wired hairband and cover plus head attachment techniques
- Learn how to cover and gild your felt & fabric, cut, curve and shape leaves into organic structures
- Perfect the design assembly of sculpted leaves with invisible wire and securely fasten
- Attaching the headpiece to the head with hat elastic or headband
- Learn professional couture finishing techniques including edgings and trimmings
On securing your place, you will receive an email which includes confirmation, your Zoom invitation, instructions how to use Zoom, lists of materials and equipment necessary for the workshop.
There will be 2 workshop sessions per day. Please select your DATE and your TIMEZONE from the drop down menu below.
Please take note when selecting your timezone that it is appropriate to your location
Aus. EST; 08.30 - 11.00
Central Time (US and Canada); 10.00 - 12.30
GMT/ London Time - 16.00 - 18.30