Following Lina Stein's popular techniques you will learn everything about Swirling Sinamay and creating the most elegant of Intertwined Knots. with beautiful lines, free-form curves whilst at the same time keep a fashionable and sharp angle!
This is a perfect technique for beginners to get acquainted with this great material as well as those advanced milliners who’d like to breathe some inspiring fresh air into their sinamay creations.
Lina Stein will demonstrate the unique yet simple process involved in achieving this “bias-perfection.” This will be used in making your percher hats as well as creating trimmings for future headwear.
Attendees will create 2 headpieces/hats of pure femininity.
This class is ideal for all skill levels, including millinery beginners.
- The workshops will take place over 3 days : like this we will be able to let our hats dry/settle and you will be able to complete your homework !
Day one - 2.5 hours
Day two - 2.5 hours
Day three - 2.5 hours
- Class participation will be limited to max 8 people to ensure personal attention
- Plenty of question time, online interaction and personal assistance built into the Zoom sessions
- Workshop notes
- The principle of working materials on the bias (measuring and cutting) and the importance of weave and direction!
- Attendees will learn how to work with bias sinamay and make a foundation-disk that has infinite possibilities once hand formed.
- Students then follow Lina's lead and create two 3-dimensional shapes by swirling and moulding this material into a rotational design and gently looping the sinamay into a Couture Knot using the iron and steam as their only tools.
- They also learn to make “windswept” trimmings, spikes and twiddles to embellish their hats with.
- Lina will guide student through the finishing and assembly of this headpiece, including attachment of hat elastic and trimmings such as Crinoline, beads, feathers, or just keeping things simple!
- All pieces are finished with elastic, band or comb then lined to a professional standard
On securing your place, you will receive an email which includes confirmation, your Zoom invitation, instructions how to use Zoom, lists of materials and equipment necessary for the workshop.
-There will be 2 workshop sessions per day. Please select your DATE and your TIMEZONE from the drop down menu below.
-On securing your place, you will receive an email which includes confirmation, your Zoom invitation, instructions how to use Zoom, lists of materials and equipment necessary for the workshop.
-There will be 1 workshop session per day. Please select your DATE and your TIMEZONE from the drop down menu below.
Please check your time and dates on Worldtime Buddy
To book please click on your timezone and dates set out below and proceed to checkout.
European/African Date & Time
Sat-Sun 25-26 June 2022. BST; 15.00 - 17.30
Sun 3 July 2022. BST; 15.00 - 17.30
USA Date & Time
Sat-Sun 25-26 June 2022; Central Time (US and Canada); 09.00 - 11.30 (in BST; 15.00 -17.30)
Sun 3 July 2022; Central Time (US and Canada); 09.00 - 11.30 (in BST; 15.00 -17.30)
Australian Date & Time
Wed-Thur 29-30 June 2022; EST.19.00 - 21.30 (time in BST; 10.00 -12.30)
Wed 6 July 2022; EST.19.00 - 21.30 (time in BST; 10.00 -12.30)