Follow Lina Stein's resourceful techniques and you will learn everything about blocking the SINAMATION© - From personalising and enhancing your basic sinamay to transforming and deceiving with 3-D concepts.
Lina will also share with you alternative ways to work with your new and unique sinamation fabric from simple blocking techniques to free hand shaping
Finally you will embellish your hat with creative trimming ideas using the sinamation elements, feather or just keeping things simple!
- The workshop takes place over 2 sessions
- Class participation will be limited to max 10 people to ensure personal attention
- Plenty of question time, online interaction and personal assistance built into the Zoom sessions
- Workshop notes
- Certificate of Excellence
- Detailed step by step tutorial under the guidance of Lina Stein to making a stunning Sinamation disk headpiece plus head attachment techniques.
- Learn how to transform your basic sinamay into a haute couture millinery material by using creative inspiration, time, cut-offs ,scraps and fabric flowers leftovers. This material can then be used as a free form design
- Learn about ideal colour combinations ,what works and what doesn't
- Learn how to smoothly block your sinamation on a crown and brim block
- Perfect the finish, cut out, edge and assemble your sinamation hat
- Learn professional couture finishing techniques including hems, linings and trimmings
On securing your place, you will receive an email which includes confirmation, your Zoom invitation, instructions how to use Zoom, lists of materials and equipment necessary for the workshop.
There will be 1 workshop sessions per day. Please select your DATE and your TIMEZONE from the drop down menu below.
Please check your timezone and date on World Time Buddy
USA Central Time
Aus.EST; 06.30 - 09.00 (time in BST -19.30 -22.00)
BST; 19.30 - 22.00