In the 3 days you shall start and complete 2 different hats using 2 different types of felt: Melusine & Velour.
Much will be covered from using free-hand forming to block adaptations to polishing and refining your brim-edge finishes
Lina Stein will share her wealth of traditional millinery knowledge with you!
- You will begin with looking at adapting your blocks creatively and learning how to block with the different felts
- How to hand mould the brim or crown and complete the brim edge to a high standard. You will learn to do a rolled edge’ and a Petersham bound brim-edge.
- You will learn about assembling the hat to use the special invisible felt stitches..
- You will learn how to see which hats suit which type of people
- How to attach a leather sweat band and a petersham headband make a couture lining.
- You will learn a selection of ways to trim
- 24 Hours of tuition and small class
- 1 Fur felt capeline and 1 cone
- Customised notes
- Post workshop access to tutor classes