This is a unique One Day Follow-on Session for those who have completed the Swirled Sinamay Online
If you are a newbie and want to learn all about the Bias swirls of Sinamay, please check out the Swirled & Couture Knotted Sinamay or Swirled Sinamay
Get tied up in the ultimate of creative elegance with Lina Stein's most popular follow-on streamed class!
The intertwined lines of the headpiece glide smoothly, crossing their paths and revolving around each other resulting in a beautiful, tailored knot. This elegant concept came to life during a Swirled Sinamay workshop where Lina demonstrated the variety of shapes that can be created from the flat disk.
It is elegance and simplicity unified in a headpiece
Following Lina Stein's popular technique of curving your Sinamay, you learn the methods to sculpt the most elegant of 'Couture Interlockings' with beautiful lines, free-form curves whilst keeping a fashionable and sharp angle!
This is a perfect technique for beginners to get acquainted with this great material as well as those advanced milliners who’d like to breathe some inspiring fresh air into their sinamay creations.
Attendees will create 1 headpiece of pure femininity.
This class is ideal for all skill levels, including millinery beginners.
- The workshops will take place over 1 day : You will provide an already curved sinamay arch and head-base
Day one - 2.5 hours
- Class participation will be limited to max 8 people to ensure personal attention
- Plenty of question time, online interaction and personal assistance built into the Zoom sessions
- Workshop notes
- The principle of working materials on the bias (measuring and cutting) and the importance of weave and direction!
- Attendees will attend the Zoom class with an already prepared Sinamay arc.
- Students then follow Lina's lead and gently mould a 3-dimensional intertwined shape resembling flowing movement and elegant lines by swirling and gently looping this material into an interlocked design using the iron and steam as their only tools.
- They also learn to make “windswept” trimmings, spikes and twiddles to embellish their hats with.
- Lina will guide student through the finishing and assembly of this headpiece, including attachment of hat elastic and trimmings such as Crinoline, beads, feathers, or just keeping things simple!
- All pieces are finished with elastic, band or comb then lined to a professional standard
On securing your place, you will receive an email which includes confirmation, your Zoom invitation, instructions how to use Zoom, lists of materials,prep and equipment necessary for the workshop.
-There will be 1 workshop sessions per day. Please select your DATE and your TIMEZONE from the drop down menu below.
-On securing your place, you will receive an email which includes confirmation, your Zoom invitation, instructions how to use Zoom, lists of preparations, materials and equipment necessary for the workshop.
Please check your time and dates on Worldtime Buddy
To book please click on your timezone and dates set out below and proceed to checkout.
European/African Date & Time
Wed 28 Sept 2022. BST; 15.00 - 17.30
USA Date & Time
Wed 28 Sept 2022; Central Time (US and Canada); 09.00 - 11.30 (in BST; 15.00 -17.30)
Australian Date & Time
Wed 28 Sept 2022; EST.19.00 - 21.30 (time in BST; 10.00 -12.30)